[OpenAFS] Win 2008 R2 strance update behavior

Hugh Caldwell hcaldwell@usgs.gov
Mon, 19 Dec 2011 10:40:52 -0500

--=_alternative 0056262B8525796B_=

I have three Windows 2008 R2 servers running openafs 1.7.1 and one of them
seems to have trouble updating the cache. Navigating to the AFS
directories in powershell on each server shows the modified date and file
size on the files to be identical. However when I open the file in an
editor on the problem server it opens the old file. Flushing the volume
resolves the issue. Any ideas on what might be causing this behavior?

Thanks,

Hugh Caldwell
Astor & Sanders
EWeb Systems Administrator
United States Geological Survey
 703-648-6812 (Office)
 703-598-3472 (Cellular)
hcaldwell@usgs.gov
Room 2C123B

--=_alternative 0056262B8525796B_=

openafs 1.7.1 and one of them seems to have trouble updating the cache.
Navigating to the AFS directories in powershell on each server shows the
modified date and file size on the files to be identical. However when
I open the file in an editor on the problem server it opens the old file.
Flushing the volume resolves the issue. Any ideas on what might be causing
this behavior?</font>
Hugh Caldwell<br>
Astor &amp; Sanders<br>
EWeb Systems Administrator<br>