[OpenAFS] recommended UFS parameters for cache partition?

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@MIT.EDU
Mon, 26 Dec 2011 15:16:16 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,

Setting up a new solaris machine, I've gone and partitioned the disk,
giving about 9GB to the cache partition.  But now I need to put a (UFS)
filesystem on it, and I wondered -- should I be tweaking the UFS
parameters for the CM's workload?  It seems like the filesystem's
structure is pretty well-determined, with a bunch of chunksize (?) files,
the number of which is determined by the arguments to afsd.
So, if I know what my afsd settings are, how does that translate to an
optimal UFS layout?
(Or should I just not worry about it and assume that any potential
improvements would be lost in the noise?)

Thanks,

Ben Kaduk