[OpenAFS] Tuning the -daemons.

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 7 Feb 2011 12:04:36 -0600

On Mon, 7 Feb 2011 11:53:18 -0600
Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> wrote:

> 128 is the max you can give to -p (in 1.4; in 1.6 the max is much
> higher). The number of idle threads reported by rxdebug can be 2 greater
> than the -p value, due to some technical RX detail, probably, that I
> haven't ever looked at yet.

Oh, this is probably due to the fileserver running two different RX
services; the main one for RXAFS requests, and the RXSTATS one. The
number of RX threads in the pool is calculated according to the min and
max threads required for each service, but I think that "idle threads"
number is the number of idle threads for all of RX.

The -p parameter, on the other hand, only affects the number of threads
for RXAFS requests.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net