[OpenAFS] Can "old release" clones be used?

Ryan C. Underwood nemesis@icequake.net
Wed, 16 Feb 2011 21:58:07 -0600

My RW server went down due to apparent hardware problems, and happened
in the middle of a vos release.  A very important volume is thus in this
state:

# vos exa srv_www
Could not fetch the information about volume 536870954 from the server
Possible communication failure
Error in vos examine command.
Possible communication failure

Dump only information from VLDB

srv_www
    RWrite: 536870954     ROnly: 536870955     RClone: 536870955
    number of sites -> 3
       server valhalla.icequake.net partition /vicepa RW Site  -- New release
       server xanadu.icequake.net partition /vicepa RO Site  -- Old release
       server valhalla.icequake.net partition /vicepa RO Site  -- New release

Is it possible to bring the "old release" volume online in the meantime
or am I just screwed until I bring the RW server back and re-release?  I
can't find any obvious way to clear the release flag manually.

--
Ryan C. Underwood, <nemesis@icequake.net>