[OpenAFS] pam_afs_session in Fedora?

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Fri, 18 Feb 2011 10:35:30 -0800

Ken Dreyer <ktdreyer@ktdreyer.com> writes:

> I would like to try to get Russ's pam_afs_session into Fedora/EPEL.
> Since OpenAFS itself is not permitted for inclusion (I think it's
> because "no kernel modules"?), I'm hoping that there will still be
> utility to at least having pam_afs_session available. It won't be built
> with openafs-devel, but I don't think that's a problem, right?  I've
> tested building in mock without depending on AFS at all, and it seems to
> work.

Yes, you should be able to build the package without any AFS libraries or
dependencies at all.  It can use its own embedded implementation of the
kafs layer on Linux.  That's how I build it for Debian.

It doesn't do anything unless AFS is installed and working on the system,
so I don't know what Fedora's take will be on that, but building it
shouldn't be an issue.