[OpenAFS] Listing all volume mount points

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@MIT.EDU
Thu, 24 Feb 2011 21:13:45 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011, Thomas Kula wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 07:28:14PM -0500, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
>>
>> Adding on to Thomas and Andrew's comments, it seems conventional at
>> the sites I interact with, to have a small volume on each fileserver
>> partition that is mounted at
>> /afs/cellname/service/partitions/servername.{a,b,c,...}
>> Then a simple 'fs lq /afs/.../partitions/*' will give output for the
>> the partition disk usage, which is a quick way to check if the
>> physical disks on the fileservers are at risk of filling.
>>

> Does this have any advantage over `vos partinfo'?

Not much ... it saves you from having to iterate over servers (and know
what they all are), if kept up-to-date.  It also prints out the usage as a
percent, which is either a bug or a feature depending on how you look at
it.

--kaduk