[OpenAFS] Documenting the recommended fileserver options

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Sat, 26 Feb 2011 18:53:35 -0500

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 9:08 PM, Jason Edgecombe
<jason@rampaginggeek.com> wrote:
> On 02/24/2011 08:05 PM, Russ Allbery wrote:
>>
>> Jason Edgecombe<jason@rampaginggeek.com> =A0writes:
>>
>>> Jonathan Nilsson pointed out to me that the recommended file server
>>> options are not documented anywhere. As I recall, I pestered Jeff&
>>> Derrick at the 2008 workshop, and my current settings came from that an=
>>> possibly some private conversations with Jeff& =A0Derrick.
>>> Are there any objections to putting the following options in the man
>>> pages
>>> and guides as recommended fileserver options:
>>> =A0 =A0 fileserver -L -udpsize 131071 -sendsize 131071 -rxpck 700 -p 12=
8
>>> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 -b 600 -nojumbo -cb 1500000
>>
>> I have no objections, but I think it would be even better to just modify
>> the definition of -L so that it does the above instead. =A0But that's
>> probably a 1.6 or later thing, so we still have a documentation issue fo=
>> 1.4 and possibly (given that we're in rc's already) for 1.6.
>>

> I agree with both of your points.

Credit where due, Jeffrey Hutzelman did a lot of work in figuring out
his optimal setup. His document is the one you should be including
(rewritten perhaps) so there is rationale and not just a string of
arguments.

--=20
Derrick