[OpenAFS] Multihomed issues

Jaap Winius jwinius@umrk.nl
Tue, 18 Jan 2011 05:59:42 +0100

Quoting Derrick Brashear <shadow@gmail.com>:

> are both addresses reachable internally?

Yes.

> can't do it, alas. if both are reachable, list only the outside,
> everywhere. otherwise, list only the inside, inside.

That's what I thought. Yet, AFS keeps finding and using its internal
IP address.

> then you don't (shouldn't) need the f line.

Right.

> if the outside addresses can talk to each other, NetRestrict away the
> internal addresses.

They can, so I've been NetRestrict'ing away the internal addresses,
but that doesn't seem to work. As I was saying, I think that's because
of DNS. Another way I might fix this is to start over and then always
use an IP address when referring to the local server.

Oh, that probably won't do the trick either. Besides putting the
external address in NetInfo and the internal one in NetRestrict, I
probably need to make sure that each server's name always refers to
its external address, both internally and externally. I do something
simple, like make up some new names for the AFS servers with which to
achieve this.

> well, i assumed nat. apparently your internal addresses can talk to
> each other.

Correct.

Cheers,

Jaap