[OpenAFS] Re: PAG lost after switching users on Slackware 13.1 box

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 21 Jan 2011 09:53:40 -0600

On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 18:17:00 -0800 (PST)
Tom Mukunnemkeril <torrent_tech@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is there anything I can do to debug this further to figure out why the
> PAG is getting lost?  The version of glibc is different, and I don't
> know if this would cause a problem, or is there something I need to
> enable in the kernel.

You can look at what what is happening to your PAG, which can be
identified by the output of 'id -a' and/or 'keyctl show'. Try running
these once you obtain a PAG and after you lose it. At first you should
see something like:

# id -a
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root),1107203568

and

# keyctl show
Session Keyring
       -3 --alswrv      0     0  keyring: _ses.21944
271956261 ----s--v      0     0   \_ afs_pag: _pag

The last big group in the 'id' output, and the afs_pag key in your
session keyring can be used to identify your PAG. After you su, I'd
expect both of them to be gone. Is that the case?

It may have something to do with how much su sanitizes the environment,
but I'm not sure.

> Both Slackware distributions run Openafs-1.4.12.1 and Kernel
> 2.6.35.7.

You may want to use OpenAFS 1.4.14. There's at least one change in there
for 2.6.35, though it shouldn't be affecting this.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net