[OpenAFS] Re: Reducing cache scan time

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 26 Jan 2011 15:41:31 -0600

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 15:58:30 -0500
"Edgecombe, Jason" <jwedgeco@uncc.edu> wrote:

> My afsd options are "-fakestat -dynroot -chunksize 18 -stat 500000
> -daemons 16 -volumes 2000 -blocks 59535014 . I dynamically add the block
> option based on the size of the cache partition.

Any particular reason for the "-chunksize 18" ? That should default to
20 for a cache of that size, which normally I think you'd want.
Increasing it further may help, as it should result in fewer cache
files.

You can tweak the -files argument directly, which should affect the
cache scan (if you start afsd with -verbose, it will tell you what it
defaulted to with "cacheFiles autotuned to X"). But that could affect
cache performance after you start, since that dictates how many chunks
you can store in the cache.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net