[OpenAFS] Re: AFS/NFS translator clients cause translator server to inaccessible

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 28 Jan 2011 17:18:55 -0600

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 16:03:57 -0700
Karen Eldredge <karen.eldredge@infoprint.com> wrote:

> Does this make sense?  Has anyone else seen this behavior?  Please let
> me know which logs you would like to see and anything else I can do to
> help with the debugging.  We do have a vmcore file if you are
> interested.

The last messages in syslog before you reboot the machine may be useful.
And if you know how to use 'crash' and have the necessary stuff
installed, the backtrace for the current running process (or all afs
processes) from the vmcore would be useful. How large is the vmcore?

I'd expect something is just in an endless loop holding some low lock
that prevents anything else from doing anything. Unless the logs
indicate we oopsed somewhere.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net