[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.5.78 on Windows 7 (64 bit), system error 5

Mon, 31 Jan 2011 12:03:27 -0500

--------------enig4B26EEFC54AFA4243B221B93

On 1/31/2011 10:29 AM, David Bear wrote:
> Thanks. This is good to know. Is this new behavior? (relatively new) On=

> older clients we did see AFS registering this name on a public
> interface. In our highly segmented/subnetted network, it was very
> difficult to track down the offender sometime.

If it did it was a bug that has never been reported to OpenAFS.
The only adapter that can have "AFS" bound to is one that is registered
on the system as a "loopback" adapter, "*msloop".  If there is a machine
that has "AFS" bound to a public interface, I would like to see evidence
of that and I will provide a tool to dump the relevant network
configuration state.

Jeffrey Altman