[OpenAFS] 1.6 prerelease client with 1.4 servers

Aaron Knister aaronk@umbc.edu
Thu, 7 Jul 2011 15:17:27 -0400

--90e6ba53b41e7bb5cd04a77f9297

Does anyone foresee any issues or know of any potential gotchas with using
the latest 1.6 prerelease client with 1.4 servers? We discovered a deadlock
issue in the AFS client on Solaris that was recently patched, however the
patch was to 1.6 not 1.4 and back-porting the patch to 1.4 doesn't
immediately appear to be trivial.

-Aaron

--
Aaron Knister
Systems Administrator

--90e6ba53b41e7bb5cd04a77f9297

Does anyone foresee any issues or know of any potential gotchas with using =
the latest 1.6 prerelease client with 1.4 servers? We discovered a deadlock=
 issue in the AFS client on Solaris that was recently patched, however the =
patch was to 1.6 not 1.4 and=A0back-porting the patch=A0to 1.4 doesn't =
immediately appear to be trivial.<br clear=3D"all">

 County<br><a href=3D"mailto:aaronk@umbc.edu" target=3D"_blank">aaronk@umbc=
.edu</a><br>

--90e6ba53b41e7bb5cd04a77f9297--