[OpenAFS] Re: 1.6 prerelease client with 1.4 servers

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Thu, 7 Jul 2011 14:34:56 -0500

On Thu, 7 Jul 2011 15:17:27 -0400
Aaron Knister <aaronk@umbc.edu> wrote:

> Does anyone foresee any issues or know of any potential gotchas with
> using the latest 1.6 prerelease client with 1.4 servers?

No, but there have been several recent Rx fixes on the 1.6 branch, so
you might be better off with the head of 1.6.x.

> We discovered a deadlock issue in the AFS client on Solaris that was
> recently patched, however the patch was to 1.6 not 1.4 and
> back-porting the patch to 1.4 doesn't immediately appear to be
> trivial.

It's not trivial, but it's also not hard and it's already been done. If
you want the 1.4 version of that fix, get it here:
<http://gerrit.openafs.org/4928> or
<http://git.openafs.org/?p=openafs.git;a=commitdiff_plain;h=6cdf311d8d01235ffd7548e3f0534c46af2dddf6>

--
Andrew Deason