[OpenAFS] Re: errors in afs when multiple tasks are running

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 8 Jul 2011 17:30:51 -0500

On Fri, 8 Jul 2011 15:46:48 -0600
Mark Henry <mark.henry@infoprint.com> wrote:

> Jul  6 20:58:04 hostname kernel: afs: Tokens for user of AFS id -1 for cell
> cellname.com have expired

Does this always show up at around the same time? Any idea why someone's
tokens are expiring / how long are these compile jobs running for?

One thing that's easy to try is to disable the fileserver abort
throttling by passing '-abortthreshold 0' in the fileserver arguments,
as that can affect behavior like this. We don't really offer any good
way to detect if that's the actual problem, but just trying to disable
them is easy to do. It does require restarting the fileserver, though.

Or, well... it may be detectable if you are willing to share with me a
core of the fileserver captured while this is happening, but even then
iirc it may annoying to go through.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net