[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS and AD trusts

Danko Antolovic dantolov@indiana.edu
Tue, 19 Jul 2011 15:56:17 -0400

If I tell aklog to go after RESOURCE.NET explicitly, I end up with the
same error that started this thread:

[root@afs1c afs]# aklog  -d  -c afs1.bedrock.iu.edu  -k  RESOURCE.NET
Authenticating to cell afs1.bedrock.iu.edu (server afs1.bedrock.iu.edu).
We were told to authenticate to realm RESOURCE.NET.
Getting tickets: afs/afs1.bedrock.iu.edu@RESOURCE.NET
Getting tickets: afs/afs1.bedrock.iu.edu@RESOURCE.NET
Kerberos error code returned by get_cred : -1765328228
aklog: Couldn't get afs1.bedrock.iu.edu AFS tickets:
aklog: unknown RPC error (-1765328228) while getting AFS tickets

This looks like AFS is trying to get the ticket from RESOURCE.NET, and
fails with
"-1765328228 KRB5_KDC_UNREACH Cannot contact any KDC for requested realm"

Now, RESOURCE.NET does not authenticate users, but it knows about the
service afs/afs1.bedrock.iu.edu, and the asetkey is derived from a
keytab for RESOURCE.NET.

Danko