[OpenAFS] Re: 1.6.0-pre2 ptserver/vlserver dumping core

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 28 Feb 2011 23:33:24 -0600

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 19:18:07 -0600
"Ryan C. Underwood" <nemesis-lists@icequake.net> wrote:

> Very similar, here's an example of the new one.  Seems like a
> double-free is going on at the end of rxi_CleanupConnection() if the
> glibc spewage in the log is to be trusted.  I can try to build a full
> debug version if you think it would help.  Is it possible to valgrind?

With LWP? Probably not usefully.

> #7  0x0807a3bd in rxi_CleanupConnection (conn=0xb77fdff4) at rx.c:991
> #8  0x0807dcd4 in rxi_CheckCall (call=0x9586c10) at rx.c:6150

Could try printing the contents of the conn and call:

frame 7
print *conn
up
print *call

> I tried to valgrind and immediately got pages of errors, including
> invalid writes, preceded by the following:

LWP is going to confuse valgrind, so you get a lot of not-useful stuff.
If you can get it to crash while under valgrind it might output
something helpful, but as I recall, most of what you get is trash. But
if we can look at it, we may be able to find something.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net