[OpenAFS] Re: 1.6.0pre2 - more vos issues, possible bug

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Thu, 3 Mar 2011 11:05:20 -0600

On Tue, 1 Mar 2011 22:23:34 -0600
Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> wrote:

> The problem with the recovery is (probably) that the salvager doesn't
> properly inform the fileserver when it destroys a volume, so the
> erroneous volume state prevents you from doing anything with the
> volume after it's destroyed. I need to test that behavior out tomorrow
> and see what happens.

This is what happens, and can be easily seen if you corrupt the header
for a clone, try to access it, and try to recreate it after the salvager
deletes it. Gerrit 4117-4120 have been submitted to fix this.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net