[OpenAFS] Large files with 1.6.0pre2

Hartmut Reuter reuter@rzg.mpg.de
Fri, 04 Mar 2011 10:38:56 +0100

Ryan C. Underwood wrote:

> I am having trouble copying a large file (6GB) from a volume located on
> one server to a volume located on another server.  After about 2GB
> (2147295232 bytes to be exact), the volume gets offlined and marked
> needs salvage.  I have reproduced this reliably several times.  This
> large file and the volume it sits on was created with 1.4.x, while the
> destination volume was created with 1.6.x, has something changed with
> large file support on 32-bit builds perhaps?

What says the VolserLog on the receiving side? There were at least architectures
(AIX) where you need explicitly to allow large files with ulimit.

Hartmut Reuter                  e-mail 		reuter@rzg.mpg.de
			   	phone 		 +49-89-3299-1328
			   	fax   		 +49-89-3299-1301
RZG (Rechenzentrum Garching)   	web    http://www.rzg.mpg.de/~hwr
Computing Center of the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft (MPG) and the
Institut fuer Plasmaphysik (IPP)