[OpenAFS] Re: Large files with 1.6.0pre2

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Sat, 5 Mar 2011 23:55:45 -0600

On Sat, 05 Mar 2011 20:03:44 -0800
Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> wrote:

> I would be mildly surprised if there were platforms implementing LFS
> and pwritev that didn't have a large-file version of pwritev.

I was actually a tiny surprised that we have pwritev anywhere. iirc,
when the positional i/o code was originally being developed, the only
platform with vectored positional i/o was like, netbsd or something. So
it hasn't been hit as hard.

When did Linux gain this? It's pretty easy to see now how I wasn't
hitting this on my Lenny box.

Also, we are using _FILE_OFFSET_BITS for ukernel (but via our own
#define; I wasn't aware there was autoconf goo for it). Just a data
point.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net