[OpenAFS] Re: Large files with 1.6.0pre2

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Sun, 6 Mar 2011 10:37:23 +0000

On 6 Mar 2011, at 03:40, Russ Allbery wrote:
>=20
> I'm not sure what we were doing before.=20

The positional I/O code only landed with 335ccb, which is on master and =
1.6, but not on 1.4, which is why we haven't seen this problem before. I =
suspect that the correct solution is both to take Ryan's patch and to =
investigate using AC_SYS_LARGEFILE. The one thing I'd be wary of there =
is making sure that we aren't serialising to disk anything that changes =
in length as a result of setting _FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D64

Cheers,

Simon.