[OpenAFS] Re: Large files with 1.6.0pre2

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Sun, 6 Mar 2011 21:32:50 +0000

On 6 Mar 2011, at 20:45, Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> wrote:

> Ryan's patch is basically a partial reimplementation of
> _FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D64 only for that one function.

Actually, we're already carrying this logic to provide 64bit variants of all=
 of the other file manipulation functions we use. It's just that the patch t=
hat added positional I/O didn't contain necessary goo for 64bit compatibilit=
y.

So, what I was trying to say is that Ryan's patch is a great stopgap for 1.6=
.0, but we should try and fix the whole thing on master.
>=20

S.=