[OpenAFS] Error 11862791

Tue, 08 Mar 2011 12:35:09 -0500

--------------enig6BB25B1532ADB65E8B483143

On 3/8/2011 12:22 PM, Ezra Keshet wrote:
> Great.  I will try to get University of Michigan on it.  One more quest=
ion,=20
> though, just to double-check: if the Microsoft bug occurs after a netwo=
rk=20
> change, then why can I not even connect to AFS once, say after I start =
up the=20
> computer but before it suspends and disconnects the network?
>=20
> Best, Ezra

In the case after the resume there are two quick network address
changes.  There are probably similar changes to the network state
occurring before the AFS service starts.  That bug has nothing to do
with OpenAFS.  The bug simply prevents locally registered Netbios names
from being recognized.

After startup, issue the command

  nbtstat -n

and

  nbtstat -S

if you see the name "AFS" registered and listening, then OpenAFS has
done its job.

Jeffrey Altman