[OpenAFS] Re: 1.4.14 salvager: salvage: invalid volume id specified; salvage aborted

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 9 Mar 2011 16:18:24 -0600

On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 14:49:24 -0700
Kim Kimball <dhk@ccre.com> wrote:

>  From what I could gather the "invalid volume id" bug was first a patch
> and then rolled in to 1.4.14

The only changes in 1.4.14 that were not in 1.4.12.1 were security fixes
and a couple of small platform-specific things, so I don't think so. I
also don't recall seeing any patches for anything like this recently.

That said, that's quite a large volume id (greater than 2^31). I
wouldn't be surprised if you find something else that has an issue with
that besides the salvager.

> 03/09/2011 13:42:41 STARTING AFS SALVAGER 2.4 (/usr/afs/bin/salvager
> /vicepa 3249855668)
> 03/09/2011 13:42:41 salvage: invalid volume id specified; salvage aborted

Ugh, this check is awful. Assuming we want to keep it, it seems like it
should be an isdigit loop or something instead.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net