[OpenAFS] Re: Strange logs from a Windows Client

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Thu, 10 Mar 2011 10:42:40 -0600

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 16:46:59 +0100
Claudio Prono <claudio.prono@atpss.net> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have found some strange logs from a windows Client to my AFS:
>
> Mar  9 14:52:22 afs kernel: [8648828.273271] UDP: short packet: From
> xxx.xxx.xxx.68:7001 88/73 to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:7000

I've seen this before, but on boxes that have nothing to with AFS. I
assume this is a Linux AFS fileserver?

>From looking at this before, I think this just says that we got a UDP
packet whose header says it is 88 octets long, but we only got 73 bytes
of data from the network driver or something. I never really looked too
closely at what caused it... my guess would be either a Linux bug or
something is sending you corrupt packets.

I don't think it's much to worry about as long as that client doesn't
see any problems, and you're not getting flooded with those messages or
anything.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net