[OpenAFS] Re: [OpenAFS]: Strange logs from a Windows Client

Mag. Mike B. Kerber michael.kerber@univie.ac.at
Thu, 10 Mar 2011 19:20:33 +0100

On 03/10/2011 06:01 PM, openafs-info-request@openafs.org wrote:
> To: openafs-info@openafs.org From: Andrew Deason
> <adeason@sinenomine.net> Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 10:42:40 -0600
> logs from a Windows Client On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 16:46:59 +0100 Claudio
> Prono <claudio.prono@atpss.net> wrote:
>> > Hello all,
>> >
>> > I have found some strange logs from a windows Client to my AFS:
>> >
>> > Mar  9 14:52:22 afs kernel: [8648828.273271] UDP: short packet: From
>> > xxx.xxx.xxx.68:7001 88/73 to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:7000
> I've seen this before, but on boxes that have nothing to with AFS. I
> assume this is a Linux AFS fileserver?
>
> From looking at this before, I think this just says that we got a UDP
> packet whose header says it is 88 octets long, but we only got 73 bytes
> of data from the network driver or something. I never really looked too
> closely at what caused it... my guess would be either a Linux bug or
> something is sending you corrupt packets.
>
> I don't think it's much to worry about as long as that client doesn't
> see any problems, and you're not getting flooded with those messages or
> anything.
>
> -- Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Hi!
It might not have something todo with your log but lately I have seen
the Windows File and settings transfer program using designated AFS
ports for communication (attempts). I am not sure if the ports are
picked randomly or on purpose. It is possible that M$ used the same
ports for something else.
This could show up in the log.

cheers

-mike