[OpenAFS] Re: 1.4.14 salvager: salvage: invalid volume id specified; salvage aborted

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Thu, 10 Mar 2011 14:11:45 -0600

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 12:49:58 -0700
Kim Kimball <dhk@ccre.com> wrote:

> You're right.  Looking at the 1.4.14 source and comparing with what
> the patches intended, it's clear the patch(es) never made it into the
> 1.4.14 release.
>
> There are patches here
> http://web.mit.edu/jaltman/Public/OpenAFS/patches/vlserver-volid-1.patch
>
> and here
>
> http://rt.central.org/rt/index.html?q=124510

Well, the patches there are in the tree (release 1.4.10, I think?); at
least, the 1.4 backports of them which are not the same as most of the
patches in that ticket. None of the patches in there touch the salvager,
as far as I can see, so your issue here is effectively new.

> I've applied the web.mit.edu set of patches, and I've made a patch to
> to src/vol/vol-salvage.c which is required for the salvager to work,
> but may have been included in the second set (rt.central.org)
>
> I'll revert to the distributed 1.4.14 source and apply both sets of
> patches above, and report back.

You should only need to change the declaration of 'vid' to be afs_uint32
without any other patches, to get it to work for now. I'll get something
a little more consistent with the rest of the tree, but if you want it
to just be able to go right now, that should do it.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net