[OpenAFS] Re: 1.4.14 salvager: salvage: invalid volume id specified; salvage aborted

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 11 Mar 2011 15:49:18 -0600

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 14:24:28 -0700
Kim Kimball <dhk@ccre.com> wrote:

> I applied the patch(es) below [c39d0161552bf69affe839fcb36dfb858dbaedc1]
> to the 1.4.14 tree, which, judging from the number of rejects, wasn't
> the intent.
>
> Was this done against 1.4.12?

No, it's against somewhere in 1.5/1.6. I wouldn't bother trying to go
through manually and fixing rejects.

> Have reverted to 1.4.14 original source and made a single change to
> declaration of vid in vol-salvage.c in src/vol, which gets salvager
> working.  Haven't yet applied Andrew's patch, but will.

Well, if the change to vol-salvage.c fixes the salvager... that was the
only issue you had, wasn't it? There are other potential issues, but I
thought the other stuff was fixed in the 1.4-versions of the patches in
the ticket you referenced.

There are some other changes in the pipeline related to this, but if you
can create, access, and move around large-id volumes, you shouldn't need
the other stuff.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net