[OpenAFS] Possible vos bug still in 1.6.0pre3?

Ryan C. Underwood nemesis@icequake.net
Wed, 16 Mar 2011 00:44:33 -0500

Thought I saw that this one was fixed a while back.  And what's with the
invalid server ip in vldb_check that comes up in the vos examine output?

adm_backup was the original volume that I vos rename'd to
adm_clientbackup under pre2, but I never really checked if it was
working at the time...

# vldb_check -server /var/lib/openafs/db/vldb.DB0
Header's maximum volume id is 536871302 and largest id found in VLDB is 536871298
MH block 0, index 1: 10.0.1.230 65.38.17.159
MH block 0, index 2: 10.0.1.232 65.38.17.158
MH block 0, index 3: 10.0.1.233 65.38.17.160
   Server ip addr 0 = MH block 0, index 1
   Server ip addr 1 = MH block 0, index 2
   Server ip addr 2 = 10.0.1.234
   Server ip addr 3 = MH block 0, index 3
   Server ip addr 4 = 127.0.1.1
   Server ip addr 5 = 0.0.0.2
Scanning 1029 entries for possible repairs

# fs lsm *
'client' is a mount point for volume '#adm_clientbackup'
'host' is a mount point for volume '#adm_hostbackup'
'host.new' is not a mount point.
'host.old' is a mount point for volume '#adm_hostoldbackup'
'iqrouter' is not a mount point.
'log' is not a mount point.
'mail' is not a mount point.
'oldbackups' is a mount point for volume '#adm_backup'
'scripts' is not a mount point.

# vos exa adm_backup
VLDB: no such entry

# vos exa adm_clientbackup
rx failed to send packet: rx_sendmsg: Invalid argument
rx failed to send packet: rx_sendmsg: Invalid argument
rx failed to send packet: rx_sendmsg: Invalid argument
rx failed to send packet: rx_sendmsg: Invalid argument
rx failed to send packet: rx_sendmsg: Invalid argument
rx failed to send packet: rx_sendmsg: Invalid argument
rx failed to send packet: rx_sendmsg: Invalid argument
rx failed to send packet: rx_sendmsg: Invalid argument
rx failed to send packet: rx_sendmsg: Invalid argument
rx failed to send packet: rx_sendmsg: Invalid argument
rx failed to send packet: rx_sendmsg: Invalid argument
rx failed to send packet: rx_sendmsg: Invalid argument
rx failed to send packet: rx_sendmsg: Invalid argument
rx failed to send packet: rx_sendmsg: Invalid argument
rx failed to send packet: rx_sendmsg: Invalid argument
rx failed to send packet: rx_sendmsg: Invalid argument
Could not fetch the information about volume 536871269 from the server
Possible communication failure
Error in vos examine command.
Possible communication failure

Dump only information from VLDB

adm_clientbackup
    RWrite: 536871269
    number of sites -> 1
       server 0.0.0.2 partition /vicepb RW Site

--
Ryan C. Underwood, <nemesis@icequake.net>