[OpenAFS] pam_afs_session in Fedora?

Ken Dreyer ktdreyer@ktdreyer.com
Thu, 17 Mar 2011 18:41:15 -0600

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 11:35 AM, Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> wrote:
> Ken Dreyer <ktdreyer@ktdreyer.com> writes:
>
>> I would like to try to get Russ's pam_afs_session into Fedora/EPEL.
>> Since OpenAFS itself is not permitted for inclusion (I think it's
>> because "no kernel modules"?), I'm hoping that there will still be
>> utility to at least having pam_afs_session available. It won't be built
>> with openafs-devel, but I don't think that's a problem, right? =C2=A0I'v=
>> tested building in mock without depending on AFS at all, and it seems to
>> work.
>
> Yes, you should be able to build the package without any AFS libraries or
> dependencies at all. =C2=A0It can use its own embedded implementation of =
the
> kafs layer on Linux. =C2=A0That's how I build it for Debian.
>
> It doesn't do anything unless AFS is installed and working on the system,
> so I don't know what Fedora's take will be on that, but building it
> shouldn't be an issue.

I was able to get pam-afs-session 2.2 into Fedora and EPEL. They
should be hitting updates-testing and epel-testing soon.

Given what we've discussed about the dependencies available in Fedora,
is there any way to avoid the requirement to specify the path to
aklog? Eg.

[appdefaults]
    pam-afs-session =3D {
        program =3D /usr/bin/aklog