[OpenAFS] Opening files read-only when another process has a write-lock

Fri, 18 Mar 2011 12:49:29 -0400

--------------enigCF10AF9CAA6D0E5E02CDF9C0

On 3/18/2011 12:20 PM, Thomas Smith wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 7:55 AM, Jeffrey Altman
> <jaltman@secure-endpoints.com> wrote:
>> We are all looking forward to the day that the byte-range lock
>> implementation you have been working on can be merged into the tree.
>=20
> Is there an estimate as to when this may occur?

I am hesitant to make any estimates given how long it is taking the
community to get 1.6 out the door.  I can tell you I think it will be
six months after the release of 1.10/2.0 which I think should be six to
eight months after the release of 1.6 but it is really hard to predict.