[OpenAFS] Multiple logins

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Sun, 20 Mar 2011 10:31:48 -0400

On 03/20/2011 08:19 AM, Coy Hile wrote:

>>> No, you can't. ...
> Couldn't you potentially write a PAM module to do exactly that?  At
> the top of the session stack, have it store the status of the user's
> session in LDAP somewhere (or potentially in some other database, and
> then on logout, remove the "Joe has an active session" flag.  Then,
> upon a second or subsequent attempt at login, the PAM module could
> kick the user out?  I don't know the logistics of doing so,
> unfortunately; potentially Russ could give a better hand-wave
> solution?
Is this enforcing a policy decision or just preventing technical
problems caused by multiple logins?

I'm wondering because we us gnome on RHEL5 with AFS home directories and
multiple logins on different machines haven't been an issue, but trying
to login to gnome multiple times on the same machine does cause error
messages.

Jason