[OpenAFS] 1.6.0pre2 Filelog CB: WhoAreYou failed for host

Mon, 21 Mar 2011 10:24:39 -0400

--------------enigA2323FD21BA77B87F75CBBE5

On 3/21/2011 2:42 AM, G=C3=A9mes G=C3=A9za wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I know this topic has been discussed before, but the conclusion was tha=
> it is caused by NAT.

It is caused by firewalls, routers, network port translators and network
address translators (or any other similar device) that imposes a fixed
timeout on the length of time that inbound udp packets can be received

If the timeout period is less than the cache manager probe period, it is
likely that this error will be seen.

> This is impossible in my case, as openafs servers are firewalled from
> the outside world.
> The fileserver has 3 ethernet interfaces:
> 1: connected to the clients, two IP addresses one active (other in the
> NetRestrict file)
> 2: connected to a SAN, no IP addresses
> 3: connected to other cluster memebers, IP address in the NetRestrict f=
ile
> vos listaddrs gives nothing just the right IP address for the vol and
> fileserver.
> The FileLog is full of entries like:
> CB: WhoAreYou failed for host FILESERVER

I would check the firewall rules on the local machine.

> Besides that all the clients (1.6.0pre2 on linux, 1.5.78 and 1.6.0pre3
> on windows) are working as expected.
> Except one (1.6.0pre2 on linux) which has two interfaces (one connected=

> two the Fileservers network and the other in its NetRestrict file).=20

Same here.  Check the firewall rules on that machine.