[OpenAFS] 1.6.0pre2 Filelog CB: WhoAreYou failed for host

Wed, 23 Mar 2011 15:51:36 -0400

--------------enigC3B1E9EDC8B0029B121D1C6B

On 3/23/2011 3:29 PM, G=C3=A9mes G=C3=A9za wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> Unfortunately my setup doesn't involve any kind of NAT either. All the
> boxes (server and client) are on the same subnet, connected via switche=
s.

The error message is indicating that the file server has attempted to
contact the client at the specified IP address and port number and there
is no response.  The issued RPC is retried multiple times until the
timeout period is reached.  Therefore, one of the following is true:

 a. The messages are never being sent

 b. The messages are never being received

 c. The response is never being sent

 d. The response is never being received

We have explained the most common reason why packets do not get
delivered.  If the cause is not one of the common reasons, you will need
to investigate at the network layer to determine which of the above
conditions is true and why.

Jeffrey Altman