[OpenAFS] Re: 1.6.0pre2 Filelog CB: WhoAreYou failed for host

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 23 Mar 2011 15:07:41 -0500

On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 15:51:36 -0400
Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@secure-endpoints.com> wrote:

> We have explained the most common reason why packets do not get
> delivered.  If the cause is not one of the common reasons, you will
> need to investigate at the network layer to determine which of the
> above conditions is true and why.

Specifically, a network dump on the fileserver-side and the client-side
during the problematic time period is best (look for UDP packets dealing
with ports 7000 and 7001 to/from those two hosts). If you're willing to
share the traffic with one of us (which may include the data and
metadata of files that are in AFS), we could probably quickly tell you
what is generally failing.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net