[OpenAFS] Integrated Windows Logon

Fri, 06 May 2011 15:50:27 -0400

--------------enigC0F3D4F6AEDE34B31DDC9A9E

On 5/6/2011 2:41 PM, Hugo Monteiro wrote:
>=20
> I should also mention that i have set the following keys
>=20
>=20
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OpenAFS\Client\Realms]
>=20
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OpenAFS\Client\Realms\FCT.UNL.PT]
>=20
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OpenAFS\Client\Realms\FCT.UNL.PT\fct.unl.p=
t]
> "MethodName"=3D"Kerberos5"
> "Realm"=3D"FCT.UNL.PT"
>=20
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OpenAFS\Client\Realms\FCT.UNL.PT\staff.fct=
=2Eunl.pt]
>=20
> "MethodName"=3D"Kerberos5"
> "Realm"=3D"FCT.UNL.PT"
>=20
>=20
> That said, i would expect that only realm FCT.UNL.PT (and it's
> principals) would be queried.
>=20
>=20

These registry keys are not used by the Network Provider.  Someone can
submit a patch to change that but at present those keys are only used
for the OpenAFS Network Identity Manager credential provider.

The realm for the AFS cell will be determined by the standard
algorithmic method of looking up the server names for the vldb servers
either from CellServDB or via DNS and then performing a domain to realm
translation either locally using the krb5.conf [domain_realm] rules or
using Kerberos referrals if the KDC supports that.

Jeffrey Altman