[OpenAFS] UDP timeouts

Jaap Winius jwinius@umrk.nl
Sat, 07 May 2011 14:26:00 +0200

Quoting Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@secure-endpoints.com>:

> The next question is what do ip_conntrack_udp_timeout and
> ip_conntrack_udp_timeout_stream actually control?  Are those values
> "timeouts" from the last traffic seen or hard caps on how long a mapping
> can exist?
>
> It sounds like you are experiencing a hard cap.

Yesterday I raised the values from 900 to 3600 to 7200 to 14400 and
still saw dropped packets. Now I'm back to 28800 and they've
disappeared.

If it is a hard cap (although I'm still not certain of that), and if
memory conservation is really what the original values are for (which
is not too much of an issue for me), then 28800 sounds like it may not
be so bad after all.

Cheers,

Jaap