[OpenAFS] Re: UDP timeouts

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 9 May 2011 11:15:04 -0500

On Mon, 09 May 2011 11:42:24 -0400
Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@secure-endpoints.com> wrote:

> Most NATs assign the requested port on a first come first serve basis.
>
> Firewalls that only open ports in response to outgoing traffic will
> also require this functionality.

That is true; nevermind what I said earlier.

It would be nice to have something (fileserver-side) for 1.4 that
addresses this, but I'm still worried that increasing the number of
clients probed is too much of a change for 1.4. Or am I worrying over
nothing?

The patch for this is simple, though. Jaap, if you want to run with
smaller timeouts, we can get you a fileserver patch that should make
them workable. (I'm assuming this is a 1.4 fileserver?)

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net