[OpenAFS] Re: Debugging opportunity (time-sensitive)

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Wed, 18 May 2011 11:39:15 -0400

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 11:25 AM, Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 18 May 2011 11:11:37 -0400
> Jeff Blaine <jblaine@kickflop.net> wrote:
>
>> > Does 'cmdebug<client>' return anything?
>>
>> Nope.
>
> As in, it hangs, or it exits without any output?
>
> But okay, to see where in libafs you're hanging, you can
>
> dtrace -s traceafs.d -c "ls -ld /afs"
>
> (as root) and give the output, or at least around the spot where it
> hangs. I'm assuming 'ls -ld /afs' hangs, though. Just put some other
> command in there otherwise.

actually, a relevant question in that vein, is this machine dynroot,
and what is the uppermost path component that hangs?

but you should still run the dtrace command regardless.

--
Derrick