[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS-info digest, Vol 1 #5332 - 3 msgs

Mag. Mike B. Kerber michael.kerber@univie.ac.at
Wed, 25 May 2011 20:08:30 +0200

On 05/25/2011 06:01 PM, openafs-info-request@openafs.org wrote:
> Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 15:12:07 +0200
> From: Claudio Prono <claudio.prono@atpss.net>
> To: "openafs-info@openafs.org" <openafs-info@openafs.org>
> Subject: [OpenAFS] OpenAFS and Windows user account password syncronization
>
> Hello all,
>
> I am figuring how i can do a password syncronization from Krb5 and
> OpenAFS on Linux with a Windows Client with OpenAFS and Kerberos. My
> goal is: When the Windows Client change his Kerberos password on the
> OpenAFS server, it become also the Windows user password, so the next
> time the user login on his system, the integrated login funcion works
> correctly and the login is locally on the machine, and also remote on
> the OpenAFS server.
>
> I hope to be sufficiently clear, any hint on how to get this thing work
> is well accepted.
>
> Cordially,
>
> Claudio Prono.
>
> --
> Claudio Prono OPST System Developer Gsm: +39-349-54.33.258 @PSS Srl
> Tel: +39-011-32.72.100 Via San Bernardino, 17 Fax: +39-011-32.46.497
> 10141 Torino - ITALY http://atpss.net/disclaimer
> PGP Key - http://keys.atpss.net/c_prono.asc
Hi!

to do that we use pgina here with the krb5-plugin
http://pgina.org

config is straight forward, kerberos users are automatic windows users,
changing the krb5 pass via network- auth-manager does  this in kerberos
and so for the next login.
all running smoothly.

cheers

-mike