[OpenAFS] KDC has no support for encryption type

Jeff Blaine jblaine@kickflop.net
Fri, 27 May 2011 14:17:24 -0400

On 5/27/2011 1:55 PM, Brandon Allbery wrote:
> On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 13:01, Jeff Blaine<jblaine@kickflop.net>  wrote:
>> Ah, I had allow_weak_crypto = yes
>
> Then that's not the problem (yes, true, 1, etc. should all work).  If
> that's not it then there may be something else; kvno is an MIT thing
> and I'm motly Heimdal, so I get to defer to someone else at this
> point.

Indeed.  The problem is that the OpenAFS QuickStart Guide
has incorrect information indicating that one can run this,
but not mentioning krb5 creds are required unless a keytab
is specified.  Both of these work:

kvno -k /etc/afs.keytab afs/rcf-afs-test.our.org

or:

kinit <someprinc-with-privs>

kvno afs/rcf-afs-test.our.org

I'll update the document.