[OpenAFS] Re: modload failing, Sol10 SPARC, 1.4.14

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 31 May 2011 12:14:31 -0500

On Tue, 31 May 2011 12:06:11 -0500
Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> wrote:

> It's hard to tell where the reference is coming from, though. Is there
> any way to get nm or something else to tell me the address for what
> instructions would be translated to a _memset call?

Or I can just find it by commenting stuff out and seeing when the
_memset ref goes away. It appears to be this loop that's causing it, in
afs_RebuildDynroot lines 378/379:

    for (i = 0; i < NHASHENT; i++)
            dirHeader->hashTable[i] = 0;

which makes sense; that's pretty easily optimizable into a memset.

I'll get a simpler demonstration together to submit to Oracle.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net