[OpenAFS] Version 1.6.0 - Recovery state 0

Michael Meffie mmeffie@sinenomine.net
Tue, 29 Nov 2011 13:21:03 -0500

Dan Scott wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've recently upgraded my OpenAFS fileservers from 1.4 to 1.6 (Fedora
> 15). I'm using Nagios to monitor the status of the servers which uses
> this command to check the vlserver:
>
> udebug clifford1 7003
>
> This command outputs:
>
> Recovery state 0
>
> Which used to be 1f when I was running 1.4. The rest of the output
> looks OK. I've checked the manpage and I can't see what '0' means. Can
> anyone help with this?

Hello Dan,

The recovery state is a bit map indicating the 5 stages of the ubik
quorum recovery process. The 5 bits are listed in the ubik man page,
and 0 means the all the bits are off.  What does udebug give for the
other db servers?

Mike --