[OpenAFS] Question about directory names

Hunter McMillen mcmillhj@gmail.com
Tue, 29 Nov 2011 13:44:13 -0500

--0015174c4232794eac04b2e401a0

Hi everyone,

This is probably a real beginner question but why do some cellnames begin
with a period? I couldn't find anything about this in the docs, or perhaps
I missed it but I was hoping someone could clear up my confusion.

example:
There are two entries the cell name, one with a '.' in front of it and one
without.

ls /afs/<Cell-Name>
ls /afs/.<Cell-Name>

The cell without the '.' has folders named: service and users inside it,
The cell with the '.' has folders named: service, users, bin, and share.

Thanks,
Hunter McMillen

--0015174c4232794eac04b2e401a0

Hi everyone, <br><br>This is probably a real beginner question but why do s=
ome cellnames begin with a period? I couldn&#39;t find anything about this =
in the docs, or perhaps I missed it but I was hoping someone could clear up=
 my confusion.<br>
s/.&lt;Cell-Name&gt; <br><br>The cell without the &#39;.&#39; has folders n=
amed: service and users inside it, <br>
The cell with the &#39;.&#39; has folders named: service, users, bin, and s=

--0015174c4232794eac04b2e401a0--