[OpenAFS] Windows AFS Client implemented as a Kernel mode or User mode driver?

Jeffrey Altman jaltman@your-file-system.com
Tue, 29 Nov 2011 17:41:46 -0500

--------------enig149563F57AAA907142E3725E

Nick:

Welcome to the OpenAFS community.  There are a number of OpenAFS
users/admins at NJIT that we can put you in touch with if you are
interested.  There is also a New York OpenAFS Meetup group that you
might want to consider joining.

Regardless of how OpenAFS is implemented the question that must be asked =
is:

  What is the benefit of implementing a file system as
  a packaged and isolated application?

The answer is "not much".  A file system isolated from the applications
that read and store data in it is about as useful as a Kryptonite
bracelet to Superman.

Perhaps the intended question is:

  Is there anyway for a VMWare Thinapp packaged application to
  access data stored in \\AFS?

Jeffrey Altman