[OpenAFS] DA file server on linux 1.6.0rc2: assertion failed: Create

Harald Barth haba@kth.se
Thu, 06 Oct 2011 12:29:31 +0200 (CEST)

> Sadly, it's probably a known bug that will be fixed in 1.6.1, coming
> soon (as soon as buildbot catches up).

Thanks Derrick!

> In general, "yum update" will give you security fixes only. Other
> bug fixes and feature releases are provided with SL minor releases.

Unfortunately, there can not be a general measure for everyone how
serious a bug is.

On the other hand, the OpenAFS server RPMs are very forgiving. In
general an rpmbuild -ba specfile just works even if you mix RPMS
for all the clone distros (RHEL, Centos, SL) and version numbers
as well. I find it VERY handy to have made the rpmbuild on the
file server as this gives me the actual source tree right there
should debugging needs arise.

Harald.