[OpenAFS] 1.4.x quorum election process?

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Wed, 26 Oct 2011 12:54:34 -0400

>Can anyone point me at the docs where quorum election, IP
>address numbering as it pertains to election, etc... lives?
>I can't find what I am looking for on openafs.org
>
>I seem to recall that the "highest IP is sync site" (if I
>have that right) nonsense was addressed, but again, cannot
>find the modern info about the election logic.

There are two sources of documentation that I know about: A long-ago paper
by Mike Kazar, and the source code (which actually has reasonable comments).
I actually have a copy of the paper if you care.

The key source code you want is ${OPENAFS}/src/ubik/vote.c.  And in my
reading other than the support for clone servers nothing has changed in
terms of the quorum selection (it's the lowest IP address, actually).

--Ken