[OpenAFS] Re: 1.4.x quorum election process?

Jeff Blaine jblaine@kickflop.net
Wed, 26 Oct 2011 14:26:26 -0400

>> We're kind of screwed unless there's a way around it,
>> and really would not like to have to apply a local patch
>> with every rollout.
>
> So, is the lowest IP in this setup just really unreliable? I'm not aware
> of many situations in which this limitation is a show-stopper.

It's a single DB server across a WAN link providing local
DB lookups to ~9% of our users.  We never want it to become
the sync site for our other 3 servers which service 91%
of our users.

We want "Find quorum among the 3, the 4th is for local
reference only and should never be sync site"

aka clone, as I now know.