[OpenAFS] Create a group

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Sat, 10 Sep 2011 15:12:10 -0400

On 09/09/2011 05:45 PM, jm130794 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm a simple afs user and I want to create a group. If I try :
>
> # pts creategroup user1:mygroup
>
> that works fine... but I use cross realm. I open a session with
> user1@myrealm :
>
> # fs listacl /afs/mycell/user1
>    system:administrators rlidwka
>    user1 rlidwka
>    user1@mycell rlidwka
>
> If I try :
>
> # kinit user1@MYCELL
> # aklog
>
> # klist
> Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_1000
> Default principal: user1@MYCELL
>
> # tokens
> Tokens held by the Cache Manager:
>
> User's (AFS ID 2489366) tokens for afs@mycell [Expires Sep 10 23:24]
>
> # pts creategroup user1@mycell:mygroup
>
> I get this error :
>
> pts: Badly formed name (group prefix doesn't match owner?) ; unable to
> create group user1@mycell
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> JM

I'm not even sure if any of these will work, but you might try  one of
the following:

1. "pts creategroup user1:mygroup@mycell"

2. ask an AFS admin at the mycell site to create two groups for you
"mygroup" and "mygroup_admin", then have mygroup_admin by the owner of
both groups, and add you to mygroup_admin.

3. Create mygroup in your local cell, then have it put on the ACL of a
folder in the mycell cell.

Jason