[OpenAFS] Re: fedora 15 and openafs 1.6.0

Marek Pasovsky passi@qls.cz
Sun, 11 Sep 2011 14:21:42 +0000 (UTC)

Berthold Cogel <cogel <at> uni-koeln.de> writes:

> Am 05.09.2011 19:02, schrieb Simon Wilkinson:
> >
> > On 5 Sep 2011, at 17:12, Berthold Cogel wrote:
> >
> >> Today I tried to install the 1.6.0 packages for fedora from openafs.org.
> >> I've created a repo file and yum install worked as desired for almost
> >> all packages. Only the kernel module was rejected:
> >
> > This is slightly strange - did you yum install all of the packages, or use
rpm for some, and yum for the
> others? Can you explicitly rpm -Uvh the kmod rpm?
> >
> > The Fedora 15 (and RHEL6) packages are built on a different system, and so
signed with a different key, than
> the RHEL5, and earlier, rpms - there is a possibility that this new GPG key is
too modern for yum to accept,
> and hence the error message that you are seeing.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Simon.
> >

> I did 'yum install' for the relevant packages. 'rpm -Uvh' gives the same
> error.
>
> Oh.. and openafs-kpasswd is rejected because of kpasswd in krb5-workstation.
>
> Berthold

Exactly the same problem on CentOS6:
"error: skipping package with unverifiable V4 signature"

both, using yum install and rpm .. even 'rpm -qp openafs*rpm' fails..

Marek